East Preston Islamic College is a not-for-profit school.
We are an independent, co-educational, Islamic school situated in a northern suburb of Melbourne. Our students range from Kindergarten to Year 12. The College’s aims for our students is to achieve excellence in academic performance and to embrace Islamic values.
Special curriculum features include:
- 3 year old and 4 year old Kindergarten;
- E.A.L. program through to Year 12;
- Arabic language instruction as part of L.O.T.E. program;
- Islamic Studies (Aqidah, Fiqh and Ebadaat, Sirah and Akhlaq, Ahadeeth and Duas) as part of Religious Education program;
- Quran classes (Reading with Tajweed rules, memorisation of Surahs according to the students pace, and Tafseer);
- College Imam;
- Member of the inter-faith ‘Building Bridges Program’:
- Victoria Police Muslim Association & Darebin Interfaith Council partnership;
- Debating in the ‘Debaters Association of Victoria’;
- Special Learning Needs Service;
- Educational Psychologist;
- Speech Pathologist;
- Inter-schools sports as a member of ‘School Sports of Victoria’;
- Victorian Certificate of Education (V.C.E.);
- Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (V.C.A.L.);
- Vocational and Education Training (V.E.T.).